DEVELOPING BEST PRACTICES FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
12015 Melody Drive
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Click Here for Meeting Details
Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corporation is working towards a
culture of Continuous Improvement (CI). This effort is gaining traction
but there still isn't a standardized approach for running a CI project.
The purpose of our effort is to develop a best practice CI Project
method and piloting it to solve a machine variability problem. We will be discussing the project effort and the CI Tools employed so far:
- Quality Improvement Strategy (Measure, Control, Conform, Improve) for the problem solving approach
- A Charter and Problem Statement to clearly define the project
- Cross-functional team that includes those who do the hands on work
- RACI Matrix to define Roles and Responsibilities;
- Communication plan to define purpose, schedule, and people you are communicating to
- Advanced statistical analysis to understand variability and capability
- Schedule Reflection Efforts to capture best practices.
Presenting are Ethan Eilertsen and Jason Collier.
Ethan is a Principal Manufacturing Engineer at Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corporation. He has over 25 years of engineering and management experience in metal fabrication and aerospace, and has also worked in the construction, blasting and ordnance testing industries. He holds an Associate of Science degree in Surveying, a Bachelor of Science degree in Mining Engineering, and a Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
Jason Collier is a Project Engineer with Ball Aerospace and Technolog Corporation. He has an MBA, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Bronze Certification, and is working on completing his Masters in Engineering Management through CU Boulder. Jason has over 22 years experience in manufacturing and supply chain and 16 years in process improvement and implementation. He has worked in a variety of Lean Six Sigma projects including in areas of production, office, and IT environments in different industries. He has experience working at all levels of an organization facilitating or leading projects to reach desired goals and financial results.