The Senior Design Engineer supports BAM Inc.’s goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability. As a member of the BAM, Inc. team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork and job knowledge.
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for providing the engineering design of furnace systems, etc. in order to provide BAM, Inc. with the most effective and efficient systems possible.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Creates engineering design of furnace systems and platforms.
- Designs part loaders and part holders.
- Designs replacement and repair parts and systems.
- Acts as a resource for process improvements.
- Establishes, develops and maintains good relationships with customers.
- Maintains applicable paperwork.
- Communicates professionally via phone, fax, email, etc.
- Develops and maintains professional business ethics and atmosphere.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and vendor information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering required; Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred; a minimum of ten (10) years experience in mechanical engineering design; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities is required.
Ability to speak, hear, see, stand, walk and sit; ability to speak, read and write in English; good problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills; good written and oral communication skills; good dexterity; ability to service and sell consumer and business products and services; strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred; skilled in 3D Solid Modeling Software.
Position is in a plant worksite setting that involves associated risks or discomforts that require safety precautions. Must utilize appropriate safety equipment for environment working in (suits, masks, gloves, etc.). Position is subject to all kinds of conditions (i.e., elevated heat levels and high electric fields) and potentially hazardous work site conditions.