SME Silicon Valley 10th Annual Conference
Medical Device Development
Compliance, Robotics and 3D Printing
Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA
Attend the Medical Device Lean New Product Development conference to learn how to accelerate new product development. Hear examples and practical do's and don'ts for applying lean methods.
Gain new ideas, meet people who share your interests, and learn how the Bay Area continues to innovate and respond to global competition in the following areas:
- Medical technology frontiers
- Lean tools and regulatory compliance in medical devices
- Knowledge-driven methods to new product development
- Do's and don'ts for applying lean tools
- "Regulatory Fog" avoidance
- Bay Area biomedical device manufacturing opportunities
- Robotics for surgery
- Educational pathways to the medical device industry
- 3D Printing, Laser, and Robotics Demonstrations
- Tools to Accelerate the Product Development Process
The conference includes a 2-hour lunch/tour break allowing attendees time to visit the Design-2-Part Show, giving attendees the opportunity to gain connections with vendors that can assist product development and manufacturing.
This conference is held in conjunction with the Design-2-Part Show www.d2p.com
with collaboration from the SME North Bay and SME Sacramento chapters. Other local organizations that support SME include IEEE-CPMT, ASME-SCVS, ASQ Northern CA Biomedical Division, SJSU BMES, SWE-SCV, San Jose State University, and DeAnza College. For more information or if you have registration issues, please contact the Conference Co-Chairs, Joanne Moody or Hong Xu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend?
The SME Silicon Valley Chapter 098 is hosting an exciting one day conference for people in:
Product development engineers, "makers", designers, manufacturing professionals, technologists, manufacturing engineers, and managers.
- Students and professionals interested in advancing their knowledge in design, prototyping, making, 3D printing, additive manufacturing, robotics, and networking.
- Quality and regulatory affairs professionals.
PDF to be attached.
Schedule---this schedule is tentative and subject to change.
8:00 - 8:30 am Registration
Morning Session (8:30 - 11:30 am) - Medical Device Opportunities and Resources in the Bay Area
8:30 - 8:40 am - Introduction - Conference & SME SV (10 min)
8:40 - 9:00 Manufacturing Resources in Northern California (20 min)
Learn about the resources available to manufacturing.
- Bill Browne - Director of Economic and Workforce Development, MANEX Consulting and Conference Master of Ceremonies
9:00 - 9:30 am - The Bay Area Biomedical Device Manufacturing Opportunities (30 min)
Learn about the East Bay Area Biomedical network and opportunities for business assistance, technology transfer, education and training, and economic development.
- Dr. Gregory Theyel - Program Director - East Bay Biomedical Manufacturing Network
10:00 - 10:15 am - Break (15 min)
09:30 - 10:00 am - Educational Pathways for Workforce Development - A Panel Discussion (30 min)
Learn about the programs to provide technology and manufacturing awareness to our young people, providing educational pathways for job growth in product development and manufacturing.
- Panel Member - Title, Company
10:15 - 10:50am - 3D Printing (35 min)
Learn about the new developments and applications.
10:50 - 11:20 am - Building Robotics for Medical (30 min)
Learn about the surgical robotics benefits, challenges, and new developments.
- Speaker from Intuitive Surgical (recruiter Aaron Joseph)
11:20 - 11:30 am - First Robotics Overview (10 min)
Learn about robotic program innovations that our Bay Area High Schools. How can you help create the future?
11:30 am - 1:30 pm - BREAK for Lunch (lunch not provided) and Design-2-Part Tour, Technology Demonstrations, and Sponsor Interactions
- 3D Printing, Laser, and Robotics demonstrations available at the conference
Afternoon Session (1:30 - 4 :00 pm) - Medical Device Product Development - Lean tools and regulatory compliance
1:30 - 4:00 pm - Lean and Compliant Medical Device Development
- Geetha Rao - CEO, Springborne Life Sciences
- Aaron Jacobs - Intuitive Surgical
- Thi Ngyen, ASQ Northern CA Biomedical group
4:00 pm Closing
REGISTRATION LINK pending